Dec 7, 2008

David Bazan

Sorry, November, I failed. Life happened.

Currently very impressed with David Bazan (here under the name of Pedro the Lion). Brilliant words:

You were too busy steering the conversation toward the Lord
To hear the voice of the Spirit begging you to shut the fuck up
You thought it must be the devil trying to make you go astray
And besides, it could not have been the Lord
Because you don't believe He talks that way

("Foregone Conclusions")

I love how incredibly honest he is. It's very rare.

But I can't say it like I sing it
And I can't sing it like I think it
And I can't think it like I feel it
And I don't feel a thing
Oh, no, I don't feel it

Who shall I blame
For this sweet and heavy trouble?
For every stupid struggle
I don't know
I could buy you a drink
I could tell you all about it
I could tell you why I doubt it
And why I still believe it
And why I need it
And what the Pharisees don't see
We'd have more drinks
We would speak of so many things
But I don't know you
And you don't know me

("The Fleecing")

No comments: