Nov 17, 2008

Hippie Van Dreams


It'll cost about a thousand dollars. Maybe less. The seats will be ripped, exposing discolored foam. It won't have a fourth gear. At times it may need to be pushed to make it up hills. But it will be perfect.

I'll buy a VW van and start driving. I'll have to suspend other commitments because there's no way of knowing where the road will lead. I'll bring an atlas and hopefully a good friend. We'll have some cash to stop at the local diners, but we won't live luxuriously.

I'll try to hit up the national parks, but I'll also need to go to the cities. Basically I'll just drive everywhere. I'll drive where the road leads, and when the road isn't clear, I'll forge ahead.

The freedom will be bliss. I'll avoid the more constraining world. I'll avoid bad relationships. I won't miss faulty paths. I'll just follow the road.

The experience will guide me where to go next. I'll write a book about the roads I take and the roads that take me.

I'll drive.

No comments: